“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”- Rumi
Have you desired to have love in your life for a long time without seeing any evidence of it? In the prior post I talk about what you can focus on doing now while trusting and allowing it to happen. But there’s another aspect to this dilemma – the unconscious and/or subconscious resistance, or blocks, or barriers to love.
With deliberate attraction before you focus on manifesting your soul mate, it’s important to become aware of and release these blocks to love. If we manifest a mate from a place of this resistance then the mate will likely have as much of this resistance, even if it shows in different ways.
I experienced this when I was dating. I didn’t get why I kept attracting men that were emotionally unavailable and didn’t want to commit. When I realized that those same qualities were in me, I stopped dating for a while to find and release my resistance.
There was something interesting I observed around that time: that men and women that really desired to have a girlfriend or boyfriend got one, those that wanted to get married got married, those that wanted to play the field did just that. The same was true for people that wanted to become lawyers, start a business, make 6 figures, or whatever. It seemed to me that when all resistance was dropped and someone really desired something enough, it happened. And quickly. Hmmm, I thought that was interesting.
So I concluded that the desire, wish, or intention is the seed that you plant but then one must cease blocking it from happening with any unconscious or subconscious resistance. Then take actions from that completely open, non-resistant space.
So, here are some hidden forms of resistance that can block you from the love you really want:
– Clinging to old ways of thinking about dating and love that don’t work for you anymore.
– Relying on and insisting that “chemistry” must be present first before getting to know someone.
– Waiting for someone to love you, trust you, value you, commit to you without giving your self those things first.
– Saying you want something now other than what you want long term.
– Grasping tightly on to an impossible, or any, fantasy about love.
– Habitually doing distracting and/or addictive things that block the feeling of love. (i.e., substance abuse, over-working, flirting mindlessly, or many other things prevalent in our society – you name it.)
At some point I had all of the above barriers to love and just classified them as normal and acceptable, which is why I call them “hidden.” It was only when I was willing to, like Rumi says, seek and find all the barriers I had built against love and completely drop them that love came in to my life within months.
Do you have any of these or other hidden forms of resistance or barriers to love? Are you willing to change those beliefs into something that resonates with your heart and soul now, or drop it completely?
It’s totally possible with your intention and your desire. I’ve done it and if I can drop all of those barriers I built up against love then I know you can, too.
Openly and With Love,
- What If Your Soul Mate Hasn’t Come Along and What To Do Now (dinarobisoncoaching.wordpress.com)
- Resistance (ceoeffectiveness.com)
- Top 5 Resistances to Change & Their Remedies (omtimes.com)