“Beauty is how you feel inside and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” ~ Sophia Loren
“When I go out now men are staring at me or engaging me in conversation!” One of my clients said this to me after our session on embodying divine goddess energy a couple of weeks ago. She discovered what her divine, feminine nature was and learned to merge with that energy. As a result men are staring at her even when she goes to the store in her sweatpants and without make up.
Do you want to attract your soul mate but don’t feel beautiful enough to draw in the man that you really want?
As a woman I can honestly say that I’ve felt like this at times in the past and still struggle with this from time to time. There probably aren’t too many women who haven’t had this feeling either at one time or ongoing.
But hey – they say that Cleopatra wasn’t a traditional beauty and didn’t look much like Elizabeth Taylor at all, but she is forever legendary for her power and goddess-like energy. That somehow comforts me. I read an article on the Huffington post about seven famous, and beautiful, actresses who were all told at some point in their careers that they weren’t pretty enough to make it. Also comforting to know that beauty isn’t just about physical perfection and that it radiates from the inside out.
There are countless examples of women throughout time who weren’t perfect looking (who is really?) but are still radiantly beautiful. They are beautiful because they are fully embodying their own goddess-like nature and are living from that energy.
In the search for love you must learn to do the same as your ideal soul mate partner is drawn to your unique, goddess-like qualities – they are the perfect compliment to his masculine or warrior qualities (somehow saying his “God” qualities there seems inappropriate).
So how do you embody your individual goddess-like nature?
1) Write down your unique qualities both physical and non-physical. Try not to judge what is right or wrong, an appealing quality or not. All qualities have some benefit and a potential challenge to them – so there isn’t a good or bad. Some examples could be:
And continue to list qualities that are uniquely present and important to you in your life (i.e., it helps you be successful in your career or makes you a great mom).
2) Find a symbol that reminds you of your unique energy. This can be a picture or statue of a goddess or even a picture of a real woman, like a celebrity, that is living fully from that energy as well. If you’re a creative type you can even draw her or write about her. Just find someone that can be your continued inspiration.
3) When you feel you need a “beauty” boost – close your eyes, sit in meditation, and imagine invoking the energy of that woman goddess and merging with her. If you chose Cleopatra, then literally imagine what it would be like to be living your life with her energy. (But not her life, yikes.) If you are preparing for a date, a job interview, a speech, a performance or anything – invoke her energy and merge with her.
This can be a very powerful and life changing exercise to do regularly. It has the power to change how you take care of yourself, how you eat, how you dress, how you interact with others, how you do anything. It has the power to make you look and feel beautiful anytime. It has the power to draw that one man to you who will absolutely adore you in all your beauty. (Actually, it will probably draw many more to you but ideally you will just choose one.)
I hope you find this goddess invoking exercise fun and helpful. What else do you do to embrace your own beauty? Please comment below!
Also, if you enjoyed this post please share with the social media buttons below.
With Love & Joy,
- Gods and Goddesses (janicamayuga.wordpress.com)
- In search of the Dark Goddess (alinameridon.wordpress.com)