Actually that title statement isn’t true. The Law of Attraction always works. It’s just that sometimes you might get the opposite of what you really thought you wanted. Or you get the same you’ve always got – seeming like nothing ever happened. That’s because the Law of Attraction has been misunderstood to be effective with thoughts and dreams alone.
Have you ever asked the Universe to bring you love but then just get either the same type of partner you’ve always attracted or no one at all? Whether it was with love or something else, many of us have experience this using the Law of Attraction.
Please know that you can’t think your way into making a desire manifest into your life. The Universe doesn’t respond to your thoughts and words (not directly anyway), it responds to your feelings. True, your thoughts can change your feelings – I’ll tell you how in a bit – but your feelings, or vibration, is what’s doing the attracting.
Therefore, if you’re making a wish, saying a prayer or setting an intent for true love to come into your life but the feelings behind it are – the fear of being alone, needing to get over heartbreak, unworthiness, depression, anxiety or anything else that feels urgent and unpleasant to you – then you will only attract people or situations that match those same feelings. Attracting a partner from this low vibration isn’t ideal because like attracts like. It can be like taking a pain killer. You might feel some immediate relief but the initial cause of dis-ease will present itself in you and your partner.
So how do you manifest, pray and set intentions from a higher vibrating place when the whole idea of wanting something stems from the realization that you don’t currently have it? There is a way to manifest by acknowledging the negative feelings AND focusing on the good feelings you do want to have instead.
This a gradual process that I’ve found has worked for me in manifesting my husband and in other areas of my life:
1) Fully experience the contrast – The negative feelings aren’t wrong or bad. Allow yourself to experience any pain and take any steps here you need to get help. Feeling this contrast brings forth “rockets of desire,” as Abraham-Hicks says, and clarity about the love you now intend to have. If you hadn’t first experienced the contrast, you wouldn’t have clarity. So, yay for your contrast!
2) Declare what you WANT (not what you don’t want) – It doesn’t matter whether it’s in prayer, in your journal, to a friend, or on Twitter – declare to the Universe the love you intend to have now. It commits you to taking this journey in a profound way.
3) Tap into the positive feelings and essence qualities of your (coming soon) relationship – This is the part that gets skipped over very often. The contrast provided the motivation, but the positive feelings are what you want to attract. Ask your self – why do I want to meet my soul mate? How do I want to feel when I’m with him? Then practice experiencing those feelings as much as possible.
4) Notice these feelings and this kind of love in your day-to-day life – Be these feelings. Be this love. Just like Gandhi’s, “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” Be the love you want to have. Experience it in people, places and things that give you the feelings and essence qualities you want in your ideal relationship. They are all around you waiting for you to take notice. (This step was very fun for me to realize how much I was surrounded by such incredibly loving people.)
5) Imagine your love is already in your life now and enjoy – Be the woman that you want to be with him and trust that he is on his way. This is the Law of Allowing. You have complete faith that the Universe is bringing your love to you because at this point he’s such a part of your being. It was at this point in my own journey that my husband came into my life.
I hope you find using the Law of Attraction in this way to manifest your love and other desires extremely helpful and a whole lot more fun.
Have you used the Law of Attraction successfully to manifest something you wanted? How did you feel and why did it work so well for you? I’d love to hear from you!
If you need some guidance getting into that positive feeling place to manifest the love of your life, please contact me for a free 30 minute clarity session at dinarobisoncoaching at gmail dot com!
Have a joyous and love-filled week!